Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 7: Shop 'til you drop



After dragging Jayde to all the temples in Bali, she was adamant that we spend our time in Hong Kong shopping. I'm not a big fan of big cities and there were no particular landmarks that I "had" to see, but, before I let her have her way, I insisted that we take the take the Peak Tram to view the city. We walked from the Star Ferry port to the base of the tram. This gave us a brief, but nice tour of central Hong Kong. The tram itself was steep, but otherwise unspectacular. The views from the top, however, were another story . . . I wish it were less smoggy, though.



We spent the rest of the day moving from one street market to the next: the ladies market, the jade market, the temple street night market. There are so many I lost track (and feeling in my feet). Interesting fact: stores in Hong Kong will not let you try on clothes. Some stores would let you try on pants, but I actually got scolded for trying on a shirt.

After all that shopping, I needed a drink! We went down to the waterfront to dine and get pictures of the world famous skyline.

1 comment:

$teve said...

Awesome!!! Hong Kong is very high on my places to see list. Yes, there is an actual list.