Thursday, July 22, 2010

El Yunque

The next morning, we explored our hotel. The beach was beautiful.







We went to the iguana feeding. They were everywhere and absolutely unafraid of humans.









In the afternoon, we headed to El Yunque. It was conveniently located just ten minutes from our hotel. It is part of the Caribbean National Forest.

Our first stop was La Coca Falls.

Next we started hiking La Mina Trail. Some of the trees in El Yunque are over 1,000 year old. The leaves were very large and, apparently, made a perfect sun shade and umbrellas.






The trail ends at La Mina Falls, the perfect swimming hole.




When we got back, Jayde and Mom just wanted to hang out in the room. Jordan was insistent that I come out to the beach to play with him until the sun set. Although I was tired too, I went. How much longer is he going to still be young enough to want to hang out with his older sister? In fact, that very thought crossed my mind while I was watching him on the beach and I started crying. He is growing up so fast! But he'll always be my bug.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi jen,nice blog you have here especially for someone who wants to travel