Sunday, September 13, 2009

Girl's Road Trip


Historically, I have limited this blog to my international travel. But, because I am getting out of the country less frequently now that I'm working, I've decided to expand. Last October, I was surprised to find that one of the coolest places I've ever traveled to was in my own backyard.


My best friend, Mindy, flew out from NYC for a ROAD TRIP! Our plan was to start in St. George--because it was the middle of Fall Break and there were no hotels available near Zion's Park, explore Zion's Park, explore Bryce Canyon, and hit up as many of the other state parks and other attractions as we had time for.


The ride to St. George was uneventful. Traffic wasn't too bad. Mindy and I had a great time catching up and introducing each other to new music. Before hitting up the Mongolian BBQ for dinner, we stopped next door to a Build a Safari Giraffe that we named Skylar. Skylar became our trip mascot.


After we checked into our hotel, we soaked in the hot tub, then settled in for a movie.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

what the weird comments? heres a real one- this trip rocked. i can't wait for the next one and yes- this trip yeilded some of the best pics ever!