Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are you Happy? Then it is happy hour.



I woke up to the rare sound of Rod singing . . . Happy Birthday to me! I am officially 28 (old, I know). Rod planned something really special to celebrate, but, due to scheduling problems with our dive class, we decided to postpone our celebration. With the way my stomach was feeling, it was probably better that way. Damn you ceviche!

We were supposed to start the day with a wreck dive, but the coast guard waylayed those plans. They were doing something with the wreck and would not let anyone else dive there. We went in search for another wreck, but, alas, we did not find it. Instead, we just went deep where there was nothing interesting to see and did some sign language to make sure we didn't get nitrogen narcosis. I did okay, but Rod was a bit loopy. On the way back, we saw some tuna, dolphins, and a huge turtle.

Closer to shore, we did a photography dive. I was really excited to try my hand at water photography, but the water was so silty it was impossible to see. By the time I could see the fish, my turn was over. Here are a few of the pictures:



Here are what the pictures should have looked like:

(These are pictures taken in the same place by someone who knows what they are doing.)

I have not been impressed with the diving here. I'm not sure if it is the area or the dive instructor. It has been so frustrating because I made Rod get certified before he came. I wanted him to have an amazing time and get addicted like I am.

No comments: