Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Honeymoon is over



This morning I woke up before Rod and watched him sleeping. I am so sad that we have to go back to the real world where I have to share him. It has been SO nice having undivided time with him these last two weeks. I was really worried about traveling with Rod before we started this trip. He has not really been out of the U.S. before. (We don't count Cabo since they speak English and take dollars). And he has never travelled without an itinerary and reservations. But I think I am starting to convert him (and I hope that within a few years, he will be a veteran international traveler).



On our last day, we stayed in bed for as long as we could. Then we had just enough time to stop at our favorite gelato bar--Cool--before catching the ferry back to Cancun. Our two-hour wait in the airport was the most time we spent in Cancun during the entire trip. We still managed to make it to the essential Cancun experience: Margaritaville.



It was bittersweet coming home. I am so excited to start our lives together, but I wish I could have another week of Rod all to myself.

No comments: