Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 57-58 - Cusco, Peru


Cusco, the ombligo (belly button) of Incan Culture, is much bigger than I thought it would be. It reminds of Venice in that the best place to be in Cusco is lost. Around every corner is a beautiful church or Incan relic.

Other than walking from my hostel to the Plaza de Armas ten plus times a day, I have been catching up on the mundane; updating email, doing laundry, pigging out on Mexican food (I haven´t had it for almost two months now), and arranging my trip to MachuPicchu. The nightlife here, although completely gringoed out, is fantastic. Promoters will do anything to get you into their clubs--free passes, free drinks. I even witnessed promoters from two different clubs having a tug-o-war over a customer.

It just so happened that three different groups of friends that I had met in other parts of the world--two girls from Germany that I met on the Uyuni trip and in La Paz, a couple from Canada that I met Iguazu, and some Argentinians--were all in Cusco at the same time. I spent my last night here hopping from bar to bar to spend time with each group. It was a very late night!

No comments: