Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 61 - Cusco - Lima - Trujillo

After spending another very long night taking in the Cusco nightlife (at one time my friends were dancing on the bar), I was more than a little late for my 7 a.m. flight to Lima. I rushed to the airport, thinking that I would barely make it, only to find out that the flight had been changed to 10:30. I was so exhaused that I curled up on the floor in the corner to sleep. I felt a bit like a vagabond when I decided to cover the freezing tile floor with the plastic shopping bag that I had been using to cover my backpack.

The flight finally left at noon. I got in Lima with enough time to catch a taxi for a whirlwind ride through Lima. I knew it was going to be a wild ride when the taxi driver put on his seat belt! That never happens! At the bus station, I had ten minutes before my bus left. Ten hours later, I arrived in Trujillo. It was 1 a.m.

No comments: