Friday, March 31, 2006

Day 63-66 - Guayaquil, Ecuador

Well I finally made it to Ecuador. Now I´m kicking myself for being in such a rush. I´m in Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador, but there is not much to see or do here. I should have spent an extra day in Cusco, a day in Lima, or a day on the beaches near Trujillo. My flight to the Galapagos Islands leaves on Sunday so I don´t have enough time to really go elsewhere before then.

There is some decent shopping here, but that is probably a bad idea given the dent the trip to the Galapagos is going to put on my credit card. I hate to admit it, but I do enjoy eating at familiar fast food establishments such as KFC and Dunkin Donuts. Also, I have been watching a lot of movies on cable. I feel like I´m wasting precious vacation time. This is the first time since I started the trip that I have had absolutely nothing to do.

BTW-I´m going to be in the Galapagos Islands for 8 days. I arranged the trip through the fabulous Detour Destinations. I will probably be incommincado for the near future.

No comments: