Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Adventure Begins



Well, I´ve already set a couple of records on this trip. Time to meet travel buddies: immediately. I met Vance on the plane from Atlanta and his friend Madeline flew in 30 minutes later. Time to eat American Food: within 30 minutes of landing, I had a Frosty in my hands. Normally, I try to avoid American food for at least a couple of weeks before giving into the familiar, but it was hot outside and the bus to Tela didn´t leave for 2 hours.

We made it to Tela and found a hotel ($5 a night, but cold water showers only) just in time to watch the sunset. Then we headed to Cruces del Norte, a lovely restaurant on the beach, where I spent $5 to get a heaping bowly of incredibly fresh crab. Mmmmm. And there was, of course, the obligatory serenade.

No comments: