Monday, March 17, 2008

Utila: It´s all good




After our late night of rocking out to religious karaoke (and yes, it is as fun as it sounds), Regina and I hopped the first bus to Ceiba. By 12:30, we had managed to procure the last room at the very cool dive shop/hotel Altons, booked our dives, and found a place to get great fresh seafood. The island is crazy busy this week because of Semana Santa. We decided to spend the day relaxing. We started by falling asleep in hammocks at the end of the diving pier. Then we headed to Munchies and its iguana garden to sip banana smoothies. While I studied for my PaDI night diving course and Regina practice her iguana mating dance. We tried, unsuccessfully, to use the internet. Then we watched the sunset off of our pier. After all of this doing nothing, we were really hungry and we followed our nose to the fresh tuna steaks served at a local bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I absolutely love the sunset picture it is amazingly beautiful and I really wish I could be on the beach right now. Completely jealous I am....
Britney