Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Diving




I may be a little jaded from all the big fish I saw in the Galapagos and Colombia, but I was a little disappointed by the diving in Honduras. The reef was absolutely beautiful, but there were almost no fish (big or otherwise). We didn´t see the whale shark, which is supposed to be abundant this time of year. :( We did do a little cave diving, which was a new and scary experience. I´m not generally claustraphobic, but I´m not sure I liked the feeling of being in a place that was not easy to exit with bought air on my back.

After two beautiful, but uneventful dives in the morning, we headed to Cafe Bundu (our new favorite restaurant) for the seafood soup. It came out with a huge lobster tail, and I could not have been happier. After lunch, we decided to be more productive with our day than yesterday, and decided to search for the locals favorite hang out spot, a freshwater cave. It was a long walk, so we thumbed a ride half way. It was a nice break from the sea water, especially since fresh water was running low on the islands and showers have been scarce. After hitching a ride on a four-wheeler back to the center, we went to watch the sunset. Then, we went back Bundu for dinner and live music from Pearl.

No comments: